1. The European Network and Information Security Agency provides an excellent resource for analyzing network traffic. They provide a live DVD ISO image that contains several network captures and exercises. You can download a copy from http://www.enisa.europa.eu/activities/cert/support/exercise/live-dvd-iso-images.
2. NMap can be used in python via a library.
3. Pexpect(python) can be used for automating interactive applications - for e.g.
4. ftplib for brute force ftp user credentials.
5. Metasploit as a penetration testing tool.
6. wigle.net for finding lat/long for a wifi router