1. Design with concurrency in mind.
- i.e. assume that you are designing a multi threaded application
even though you may be designing a single threaded app.
It helps you to design cleanly and avoid temporal coupling.
Temporal coupling -> a;b; works but b;a; does not.
i.e. order of execution is critical.
An application designed in such a way(threadsafe) will
scale better, and if need be , can be adapted to multi-threaded
2. Get better at command line tools : awk/sed/gawk/for each/perl/grep etc.
3. Learn a new programming language every year
4. Read a technical book every quarter.